As we venture out into the world each day, we are surrounded by potential germs and allergens. For the most part, these things are harmless. Our body already knows how to fight off any negative side effects that these encounters may cause. Others, like mold exposure, are more troublesome.

Mold can form virtually anywhere that there is an abundance of moisture. It can be black, green, yellow, brown, or pink. Some mold, or fungi, is less significant than others. While some mold is harmless, other varieties are known to cause major health concerns.

Discovering Mold in Your Home or Business

Mold can develop and thrive in homes as well as outdoors. You may not always be able to see it because it stays in damp areas. It may be located inside the walls, in or under carpets, and in basements. If you live in an area that stays wet, the chance of mold is higher. If you have had a leak in your home or office, you could have mold. Even if you are unable to see it, you may notice a musky smell in your home. You may start sneezing when you walk into certain areas of your home.

Beyond that, if there is a lot of mold, you could experience wheezing, chest tightness, coughing, and a feeling of being unable to breathe. At first, it may go away when you leave the moldy area. For instance, you may be able to breathe more easily when you are in your vehicle or cough less when you are at work. If you or your family notice this, you should check your home for mold immediately.

Mold Exposure: Big Problem or Slight Concern?

Mold is something that is around us all the time. Most varieties are simply allergens, but others can be much more difficult for your body to handle. Your reaction to mold spores and mold exposure can be anything from a mild rash and itchy eyes to severe pathogenic reactions that can be life-threatening. The more time you spend in a moldy area, the more likely it is that you will develop health concerns that cannot heal on their own. This may include:

*Skin Rashes

*Eye Irritation

*Aches and Pains

*Fatigue

*Liver Damage

*Central Nervous System Issues

*Sore Throat

*And More

Infants, children, and elderly are the most affected age groups, but anyone with weakened immune systems or asthma can also be affected negatively from even a tiny bit of mold exposure.

Dealing with Mold Problems

When there are thousands of different mold types, it is hard to say this one is okay, but that one is not. Experts say that Black Mold is the most harmful, but the truth is, many types of mold can become harmful if you do not get rid of the problem in your home or business.

Small amounts of mold may be treated by the homeowner using the recommended products and the proper personal protection equipment. The problem is, often if you see a little mold, there could be more lurking somewhere else. Therefore, if you live in the south Louisiana area, you can contact Bio Pro Mold Inspections and Testing for advice at the first sign of mold, regardless of what color it is.