Are you constantly experiencing a runny nose, sinus congestion or do your allergies seem to worsen during rainy seasons? Perhaps, you should examine your home for possible mold infestation.
Mold is a type of fungi that may grow outdoors or indoors and flourishes in damp, humid, and warm environments.
Numerous people experience mold symptoms unknowingly, instead presuming their symptoms are the result of a cold or hay fever.
Although mold allergies aren’t generally life threatening, they can affect your capacity to lead a productive and comfortable life. Here’s a list of symptoms to watch out for if you suspect mold exposure in your home.
The major symptoms, which the fungi can cause are: How Mold might be affecting you.
Molds generate irritating substances that may function as allergy-causing substances or allergens in sensitive people. Additionally, some molds generate toxic substances called mycotoxins, though mold itself isn’t toxic or poisonous.
When you inhale mold spores, the immune system reacts by producing allergic reactions. The reactions are simply the way in which your immune system defends itself against foreign agents.
Mold allergies cause symptoms including itchy eyes, runny nose, and sinus congestion. Bear in mind that the more you expose yourself to the fungi, the more sensitivity you develop.
While there are approximately 16 toxic mold species, the most notorious is Stachybotrys chartarum. The species can discharge spores because it feeds on organic materials in common materials such as carpet or drywall.
If inhaled or ingested, the spores can produce a variety of unpleasant and even hazardous symptoms in humans. The toxic species causes symptoms including respiratory symptoms and skin problems.
It’s important to note that the removal of toxic mold can be costly besides causing various health issues. Nevertheless, understanding the associated health effects and symptoms can help you recognize the indicators and adopt the necessary measures to protect your home and health.
Sometimes, spores inhaled into somebody’s lungs start to grow inside them. Mold infections such as these can develop in the skin, digestive system, or sinuses.
Bear in mind that these infections typically don’t affect healthy persons. Rather, they arise in elderly persons or those with suppressed or compromised immune systems.
Generally, mold exposure isn’t deadly. However, increased exposure can worsen symptoms. The key is preventing the accumulation of moisture by repairing any leaks. This way, you’ll avoid unnecessary costs in the future.